Yellow cake with chocolate frosting is a classic!
But, you don’t always want (or need) a whole slice of cake. This is why these cupcakes are perfect! Moist, delicious, and topped with creamy chocolate yummy-ness!
For printable recipe click here
3 cups flour (sifted)
2 cups sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter (softened or at room temperature)
3 eggs (room temperature)
1 1/4 cups milk (room temperature)
2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and add cupcake liners to your pan
This recipe makes 24 regular size cupcakes
1. In a bowl, combine the sifted flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
2. In another small bowl, and with using a hand mixer, cream the butter until creamy and fluffy. Then slowly add in the sugar and mix well.
3. Time for eggs, add in the 1st egg, mix until combined. Add in the 2nd egg, mix until combined.
4. In a measuring cup, pour in the milk and stir in the vanilla
5. Now you’ll start combining the 3 mixtures (egg/flour/milk), slowly adding and mixing. I take a scoop of the egg mixture, a pour of the milk mixture and add them to the flour mixture, blend with the hand mixer, and repeat 3 times until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
6. I then take 2 spoons to scoop and place the batter into each cupcake liner, about 1/2-3/4 full (you’ll need to allow for rise)
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes (I check them at the 18 minute mark by sticking in a toothpick, if it comes out clean, they’re done)
Important – cupcakes must be completely cooled before you can frost!
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
2 cups powdered (confectioner’s sugar)
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
6-7 tbsp butter (softened)
5-6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together
2. Cream the butter with your hand mixer until nice and fluffy
3. Add the butter to the powdered sugar mixture and mix again
4. Slowly start adding the cream, and you’ll start seeing the frosting form.
5. Lastly, you’ll add in the vanilla
You can frost the cupcakes with a knife, or if you have a frosting bag w/ a tip, you can fill and frost!
Once frosted, it’s cupcake time! 🙂