1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2-3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
** Serve with pretzels, animal cookies, nilla wafers, ritz crackers…or just a spoon 🙂 some like sweet, some like salty
This recipe takes 10 minutes max!
1. I first cut the stick of butter into about 1/2″ width slices, throw them into my sauce pan and turn the burner on low-medium heat until melted. I stir while melted, as to not burn the butter
2. While the butter is melting, in a separate bowl, I add the cream cheese and powdered sugar and set aside.
3. Once the butter is melted, add in the brown sugar and stir until it dissolves and starts to bubble (a few minutes). Once it starts to bubble, add the vanilla extract, stir in, and remove from the heat.
4. I use a hand mixer to blend the cream cheese and powered sugar, until creamy. Then add in your butter mixture and blend again until all of the liquid is absorbed and your mixture is a light cookie dough brown and creamy.
5. Toss in your chocolate chips, mix by hand w/ a spoon (the mixer will chop them up).
I usually make this for work pot lucks the following day, so I put mine in a Tupperware and throw it in the fridge. If you wanted to eat it sooner, I’d suggest leaving in the fridge for an hour before, so that it thickens to dough consistency 🙂 Enjoy!