One of my favorite weekend breakfast dishes!
Asparagus (1/2 bunch)
zucchini (1 small-medium size)
red potatoes (4 small)
2 tbsp olive oil
garlic powder (to taste)
salt (to taste)
black pepper (to taste)
(I use whatever veggies I have on hand, bell peppers & broccoli are great too!)
preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. I like to keep red potatoes on hand that I’ve pre cooked/boiled. It makes these breakfast scrambles much easier and that means, we’re eating sooner 🙂
2. I rinse, dry, and cut the asparagus, zucchini, and potatoes. I toss the VEGGIES in olive oil and place them in a baking pan. Once in the pan, I season with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then stir.
Bake for 10-12 minutes @ 400 degrees.
3. While the veggies are roasting, I add the potatoes to the same bowl I coated the veggies in (the bowl that already has olive oil in it). I then transfer the potatoes to a small fry pan on medium heat (coated with olive oil spray) and start stirring until nice and browned.
(For color, I sprinkle a couple dashes of annatto powder (a latin seasoning made from annatto seeds and used for color), but paprika is a great!, if you like spice, you can also use cayenne pepper)
4. While the potatoes & veggies are cooking, I get the eggs ready. For the two of us, I whisk together 6 eggs, a splash of water & chopped green onions.
5. By now, the veggies are done and cooling off. I cut the heat off on the potatoes and transfer both into a medium size fry pan (coated w/ olive oil spray so the eggs don’t stick). Then pour in your eggs and the scramble begins to cook. I usually add a couple dashes off salt here.
6. I stir every couple of minutes throughout the eggs cooking process to create the scramble. Once done to your liking, time to eat! 🙂
*optional – you can top with cheese, or hot sauce